Every Duke student, past and present, pays a one-time transcript fee during their first semester of enrollment, thus making future payments for transcripts unnecessary. Transcripts may be requested to be sent via Federal Express for next day delivery at the requestor's expense (see below).
All transcript requests are processed within 3 business days unless otherwise noted below. The Office of the University Registrar offers several different methods by which a transcript may be released to a third party. Only one recipient may be identified per request form. It is possible to stipulate that transcripts be withheld until grades and/or degrees have been posted.
Currently enrolled students, and those who were enrolled within the past academic year, should use DukeHub for the submission of transcript requests to be released via regular mail, pickup, or email (transcript in pdf format). DukeHub should not be used to request that a transcript be sent via FedEx (see below for those methods of delivery.) There is a 9 copy limit per request for transcripts sent via regular mail or FedEx. Requests are processed the next business day. A confirmation will appear in DukeHub when the request has been processed.
All other previously enrolled students can request that their transcript be released in one of the following three ways:
- . Complete the regular mail/pickup transcript request form on your computer, print and sign the completed form, and submit it to the Office of the University Registrar as an attachment to an email, or by fax, mail, or in person. There is a 40 copy limit per request. Only the name and mailing address of the recipient should appear in the recipient box for transcripts to be mailed. If requesting to pick up transcripts, state the name of the person to pick up the transcript(s), if other than you, and the words "PICKUP REQUEST".
- (transcript in pdf format). This option is available only to students who were enrolled in the year 2000 or later. Complete the email transcript request form on your computer, print and sign the completed form, and submit it to the Office of the University Registrar as an attachment to an email, or by fax, mail, or in person. The recipient box on the form should include only the name of the recipient and the email address to which the transcript should be sent.
- . Next business day delivery (domestic) and 2-3 business day delivery (international) is available through Federal Express (FedEx). The FedEx delivery fee will be paid directly to Federal Express online with a FedEx account. Do not send cash or credit card information to the Office of the University Registrar. We are also unable to charge an existing FedEx account number. A FedEx shipping label is required for processing.
Your address should appear as the sender, otherwise the shipping label cannot be used. The express transcript request form should be completed online and printed. It should then be signed and submitted along with your *FedEx shipping label to the Office of the University Registrar by fax, mail, scanned and attached to an email, or in person. Requests received after 2:00 PM EST are subject to being processed the following business day. We do not process FedEx Ground requests.
*FedEx offers several different account options to meet your needs. Visit http://www.fedex.com/us/oadr/ to review account options.
Former students are sometimes asked to verify that they have earned a degree. This is particularly true in employment situations. While the student may request that a transcript be sent to satisfy this need, it may not always be appropriate, or necessary, for the recipient to have other academic information (grades, GPA, etc.) The Office of the University Registrar will provide degree verification letters to former students upon request. To file a request simply send a letter, fax, or email to the office. The letter should contain the following student information - full name (first, middle, last) at the time of graduation, dates of attendance, date of graduation, the degree earned, and the name and address of the recipient of the letter.
Employers seeking degree verifications should contact the National Student Clearinghouse. Duke has contracted with the National Student Clearinghouse for this service. Contacting the Office of the University Registrar will only result in a referral to the National Student Clearinghouse.
Official enrollment verifications are available through the Office of the University Registrar at no cost. Insurance companies and loan/financial aid agencies frequently seek verification of enrollment before providing services.
Current students and those that have graduated within the past academic year should submit their request for an enrollment certification through DukeHub. Click on the Forms tab and follow the instructions.
All other former students should submit a request via letter, email, or fax to the Office of the University Registrar. The request must include your signature authorizing the release of your enrollment information.
The following information should be included with your request:
- Your full name (first, middle, last)
- Any other names you have EVER used
- Your student identification number, if known
- Your date of birth (mm/dd/yyyy)
- The full name of your parent(s).
- The policy or group number, where applicable
- Dates for which the deferment or verification is requested
- An EXACT address to which the enrollment verification should be sent
- A phone number where you can be reached if there are any problems with this request
A sample enrollment verification letter can be viewed below.