The Departmental Schedule Validator (DSV) is an application used by departments to submit scheduling requests to the Office of the University Registrar (OUR). The OUR will then update the data in PeopleSoft. The DSV tracks scheduling requests and checks for compliance with the Course Scheduling Policy. The DSV is accessible via the Department Center in STORM.
To gain access to the DSV:
- Submit a SISS Access Request form to gain access to SISS systems including STORM and the DSV. Include a note to request DSV access in the COMMENTS/OTHER DATA NEEDS field.
- Attend DSV Training. Visit http://registrar.duke.edu/registration-dsv-training to register for a class.
DSV Procedures Manual
Download the DSV Procedures Manual.
Helpful Tips and Important Reminders:
- All additions, deletions, and revisions to your schedule must be submitted in the DSV.
- Schedules must be validated prior to submission.
- Classes are set up on the schedule according to how the courses are set up in the course catalog. This includes (but is not limited to): class permissions, prerequisites, REG codes, credits, and permanent crosslists.
- The DSV pulls permanently crosslisted courses from the catalog, which are required to be scheduled. However, there is also the option to add one-time crosslists. IMPORTANT: Communicate with the department that you intend to cross list courses with prior to adding the course to your schedule. (Be sure to discuss what section number should be used).
- Although you can create several schedules, the primary schedule is the official schedule and the only one you can submit. You cannot change another schedule to be primary after it is submitted.
- If you want to secure a room in the Link or ICC, please request the corresponding room characteristic and provide explanation for need in the NOTES section.
Still have questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.