The verification task will act as a registration hold on students’ accounts until they complete it. Students will still have access to other pages on DukeHub (i.e. Financials) and can add classes to their shopping cart, but they cannot add or drop any classes. If a student is on a waitlist and a seat opens up, the eligible student will not be able to enroll from the waitlist until the student completes the verification activity guide.
Below are screenshots of the guide for reference. The Student Verification will open in a new tab. Students can complete portions of the guide, leave the guide, and return to where they left off. Students can see which section they are in at the top of the page by selecting the down arrow to the left of Student Verification. If a section is marked with an open circle, the student can access that section. If a section is marked with a filled green circle, they have completed that section. If a section is marked with an empty circle, that section has yet to completed and the student cannot access that section until they complete the previous section.
Students must select the ‘Verify’ button in order for the ‘Next’ button to be made available. Students must select the ‘Next’ button to move to the next section. If a student edits information on the page and selects ‘Save’, the ‘Verify’ button will automatically be marked and the ‘Next’ button will be available to select to move forward.
Navigate to Tasks under the My Information menu items to complete the Student Verification of Data.
- Select Student Verification under Tasks.
- The Student Verification will open in a new tab.
- Select the ‘Mark as Read’ button to start the verification and then select the ‘Next’ button to proceed with the verification.
- Students have the option to specify an Individual Taxpayer ID Number and/or Social Security Number only once. Any edits or corrections must be done by the Office of the University Registrar (email@example.com).
- Students have the option to update their degree and preferred names. Students are unable to edit their Primary names and must contact the Office of the University Registrar (firstname.lastname@example.org) to do so.
- Students have the option to update their gender pronouns, military status and ethnicity.
- Students can update/add addresses. Students MUST have a current address saved on file in order to proceed to the next step in the verification process. A current address refers to where students are at the time of completing the Student Verification of Data. If a student's Current address is the same as their Home or Mailing address, it must still be re-entered and identified as a Current address.
- Students residing in Duke residence halls. Students residing in Duke residence halls will have a Campus Res Hall/Apartment address listed and do not need to provide an additional current address. Students are not able to update this address type. If a residence hall assignment is incorrect, students should complete the rest of the verification and then follow up with Housing & Residence Life.
- Students NOT residing in Duke residence halls. Students NOT residing in Duke residence halls will need to provide a Current address if one is not listed, or update as appropriate.
- International students must have an Intl. Addr address type.
- The Duke Alias email is set as preferred and cannot be changed, or deleted.
- Students can add new and edit existing emergency contacts.
Missing Person Contact
Grant Proxy Access
- Students can grant Proxy Access in the Relationships section.
- Students must select the check box next to ‘I Agree’ in order to have the option to select the ‘Save’ button under Financial Responsibilities. After clicking ‘Save’ the student must select ‘Next’ to continue with the verification.
Duke Community Standard
- Students must check the box next to ‘Accept’ in order for the ‘Save’ button to become an option under the Duke Community Standard section. The student then has to select ‘Save’ in order to select the ‘Next’ button to move forward.
- Students must click ‘Submit’ and then ‘Exit’ to officially complete this guide. Once the guide is complete the student verification hold will be removed.