The shopping cart helps you plan your registration activities prior to the opening of your registration window. Schedule Builder is a tool that allows students to identify course options, create multiple schedules, and import selected schedules back to the shopping cart. Once your window opens, if you are satisfied with the courses in your shopping cart, and they are still available, you can simply move those courses from your shopping cart into your actual registration record.
Filling your Shopping Cart
- Access the shopping cart on the Enrollment tab in your DukeHub account.
- Add classes to the shopping cart via "Schedule Builder", "Simple Class Search", "Advanced Class Search", or "Planner".
- Set the default term to the upcoming registration term.
- Placing a course in your shopping cart does not impact the enrollment total for the course. Only actual registration will fill an actual seat in the class.
- If you are registering for a variable unit/credit course, add the course to your shopping cart. The system will automatically default to the lowest unit for the course. If you need to change this, click on "Change Units" in the "Variable Credits" column in your shopping cart. This will take you to the Enrollment Preferences page where you can select the appropriate class units.
- To create a proposed schedule in your shopping cart, check the box next to the courses in which you would like to enroll. Next, click on the "Validate" button. This will check the courses for time conflicts, permission, prerequisites, and term credit limits.
HAVING CLASSES IN YOUR SHOPPING CART OR PLANNER DOES NOT MEAN YOU ARE REGISTERED FOR THEM. YOU MUST ACTUALLY ENROLL WHEN YOUR WINDOW OPENS.
Check your shopping cart periodically prior to your registration window and make appropriated alterations. Courses can become filled. If this happens, select an alternate class in your shopping cart or add a new class to your shopping cart.