Registration Windows for Fall 2023
All students must have a student record free of administrative and financial holds to be able to register in DukeHub. Divinity School, Pratt School of Engineering (undergraduate), School of Nursing, and Trinity College of Arts & Sciences all require students to meet with an advisor and be marked eligible to enroll for the term prior to registration. All other students are strongly encouraged to consult an advisor before registering for classes in DukeHub.
Graduate and Professional Students, Wednesday, April 5, 7:00 AM
Seniors, Thursday, April 6, 7:00 AM
Juniors - (last two digits of the Student ID)
00-49, Friday, April 7, 7:00 AM
50-99, Monday, April 10, 7:00 AM
Sophomores - (last two digits of the Student ID)
00-49, Tuesday, April 11, 7:00 AM
50-99, Thursday, April 13, 7:00 AM
First-Year - (last two digits of the Student ID)
First-year students will register in summer. More information will be provided.
Academic classes are divided into two groups according to the last two digits of Student ID numbers. The Student ID does NOT appear on your DukeCard. In DukeHub, your Student ID appears at the top of your Student Center home page. Each group is assigned its own registration window. These groups switch registration windows each semester; therefore, each student will register in the first window for their class at least five times during their academic career.
Academic Class Definitions
Senior means graduating in May 2024, September 2024, or December 2024.
Junior means graduating in or May 2025, September 2025, or December 2025.
Sophomore means graduating in May 2026, September 2026, or December 2026.
First-Year means graduating in May 2027 or later.
Grad/Prof refers to students in the Divinity School, Engineering Professional - Pratt School of Engineering, Graduate School, Nicholas School of the Environment, Sanford School of Public Policy, and the School of Nursing
Fuqua and Law have their own registration schedules.
Undergraduate advising begins on Monday, March 27, 2023.
Drop/Add begins at 12:00 AM on Friday, April 14, 2023.
Summer 2023 Registration
Registration for classes during the summer terms is optional. Therefore, the process to do so differs from the other enrollment terms. Graduate School students will be made eligible to enroll by the Office of the University Registrar. All other students must request summer enrollment through their DukeHub account.
Information for the Summer 2023 Session
- The schedule of classes for all Summer 2023 terms will be available for review on Monday, February 13, 2023. Shopping carts for summer courses will also become available on this date.
- Registration for summer courses begins on Monday, February 20, 2023 at 12:00 AM EST.
- The drop/add period for summer term 1 will end on Friday, May 19 at 11:59 PM.
- The drop/add period for summer term 2 will end on Thursday, July 6 at 11:59 PM.
Students have the ability to add, or drop courses from their schedules through their DukeHub account. Please review the registration help guides for additional information, including the Register for Classes help guide and the Drop If Enrolled help guide.
Exam Schedule for the Summer 2022 Session
The Summer 2023 exam schedule can be found here when it is ready to be posted.
Registration is completed via DukeHub. DukeHub is the student self-service application providing students with an array of information and direct access to their academic, financial, and personal data. Access to DukeHub is gained by the use of your NetID and password.
- DukeHub is available every day (except some Saturday mornings and holidays), seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
- As a security precaution, students should change their NetID password periodically. This ID and password are your key to accessing all of the personal information contained on these pages. Don't share your password with anyone!
- The use of DukeHub to gain access to or alter the record of registration of another person, or to gain access to restricted classes without proper permission, is a violation of the Duke Community Standard and is subject to disciplinary action.
- For technical help, contact the OIT Help Desk at (919) 684-2200.
- Registration and drop/add are available to all students with no outstanding financial or other obligations to the university. Students with outstanding financial obligations must make arrangements with the bursar's office before registering or attempting to drop/add. Those students who have not paid billed fees owed to, or fines imposed by, the university (such as laboratory fees, library fines, and parking fines) will not be permitted to register until the fees and fines have been paid, even if the student has paid tuition for the upcoming term.
- Registration window times are based on Eastern Time (ET).
Who can register for classes at Duke University?
- Undergraduate students
- Graduate/Professional students
- Non-degree and Continuing Studies students
- Duke Employees
Help guide: Find Catalog and Schedule in DukeHub
Help guide: Grading Basis (for students)
Help guide: Register for Classes
Help guide: Request Summer/Winter Enrollment
Help guide: Student Verification of Data
Help guide: Use Permission Numbers
Help guide: Variable Credit Class