Registration Windows for Spring 2023
All students must have a student record free of administrative and financial holds to be able to register in DukeHub. Divinity School, Pratt School of Engineering (undergraduate), School of Nursing, and Trinity College of Arts & Sciences all require students to meet with an advisor and be marked eligible to enroll for the term prior to registration. All other students are strongly encouraged to consult an advisor before registering for classes in DukeHub.
Graduate and Professional Students, Wednesday, November 2, 7:00 AM
Seniors, Thursday, November 3, 7:00 AM
Juniors - (last two digits of the Student ID)
50-99, Friday, November 4, 7:00 AM
00-49, Monday, November 7, 7:00 AM
Sophomores - (last two digits of the Student ID)
50-99, Tuesday, November 8, 7:00 AM
00-49, Thursday, November 10, 7:00 AM
First Year - (last two digits of the Student ID)
50-99, Friday, November 11, 7:00 AM
00-49, Monday, November 14, 7:00 AM
Academic classes are divided into two groups according to the last two digits of Student ID numbers. (The Student ID does NOT appear on your DukeCard. In DukeHub, your Student ID appears at the top of your Student Center home page.) Each group is assigned its own registration window. These groups switch registration windows each semester; therefore, each student will register in the first window for their class at least five times during their academic career.
Academic Class Definitions
Senior means graduating in May 2023, September 2023, or December 2023.
Junior means graduating in or May 2024, September 2024, or December 2024.
Sophomore means graduating in May 2025, September 2025, or December 2025.
First-Year means graduating in May 2026 or later.
Grad/Prof refers to students in the Divinity School, Engineering Professional - Pratt School of Engineering, Graduate School, Nicholas School of the Environment, Sanford School of Public Policy, and the School of Nursing
Drop/Add begins at 12:00 AM on Tuesday, November 15, 2022; Late Registration Fee ($50) will be charged beginning Monday, December 5, 2022.
Registration is completed via DukeHub. DukeHub is the student self-service application providing students with an array of information and direct access to their academic, financial, and personal data. Access to DukeHub is gained by the use of your NetID and password.
- DukeHub is available every day (except some Saturday mornings and holidays), seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
- As a security precaution, students should change their NetID password periodically. This ID and password are your key to accessing all of the personal information contained on these pages. DON'T SHARE YOUR PASSWORD WITH ANYONE!
- The use of DukeHub to gain access to or alter the record of registration of another person, or to gain access to restricted classes without proper permission, is a violation of the Duke Community Standard and is subject to disciplinary action.
- If you need help with registration policies and procedures, send an email to email@example.com. If you need technical help or browser information, contact the OIT Help Desk at 919-684-2200.
- Registration and drop/add are available to all students with no outstanding financial or other obligations to the university. Students with outstanding financial obligations must make arrangements with the bursar's office before registering or attempting to drop/add. Those students who have not paid billed fees owed to, or fines imposed by, the university (such as laboratory fees, library fines, and parking fines) will not be permitted to register until the fees and fines have been paid, even if the student has paid tuition for the upcoming term.
- See the Academic Calendar for the official semester schedule and registration deadlines.
- Registration window times are based on Eastern Time (ET).
Who can register for classes at Duke University?
Monday, September 26, 2022
Schedule of Classes becomes available to faculty and department staff for course synopsis and textbook entry.
Monday, October 24, 2022
Schedule of Classes becomes available for student and general public use; advising for undergraduate students begins; shopping carts available for use.
Wednesday, November 2, 2022
The first registration window opens.
Tuesday, November 15, 2022
The drop/add period begins at 12:00 AM.
Monday, November 28, 2022
Late registration deadline. A $50 fee will be assessed to students who register after this date.
Tuesday, January 10, 2023
Waiting lists for all Divinity Hybrid courses will be purged at 11:59 PM.
Wednesday, January 18, 2023
Waiting lists for all undergraduate courses will be purged at 11:59 PM.
Tuesday, January 24, 2023
Waiting lists for all Divinity Residential courses will be purged at 11:59 PM.
Wednesday, January 25, 2023
Drop/Add ends at 11:59 PM. Waiting lists for all Graduate/Professional courses (excluding Divinity, Fuqua and Law) will be purged at 11:59 PM.