Transcripts and Verifications

Enrollment Verifications | Degree Verifications | H-1B Visa Letters


Current Students
Go to DukeHub

Order transcripts via DukeHub. Those students who have graduated in the past year should also use DukeHub to order transcripts.

Need help? Watch this video or read this guide.

DukeHub should not be used to request transcripts that are sent via FedEx or for transcripts that require additional attachments (for example, forms required by governmental agencies, insurance providers, or LSAC, AMCAS, etc.). These transcripts should be ordered using the Transcript Request Form.

Duke Alumni and Former Students 
Order Transcript

Order transcripts via the online Transcript Request Form.

Graduates of Duke University School of Medicine must order transcripts through the Office of the SoM Registrar.

Only one recipient may be identified per request form. If you would like your transcript to be held until your grades and/or degrees have been posted, please select one of these options under Special Mailing Delays.

Transcripts from Duke can be issued four ways:

  • Regular mail
  • Pick up
  • Email
  • FedEx (for expedited delivery)

Electronic transcripts are available only to students who were enrolled in 2000 or later. Electronic transcripts will be delivered by eScrip-Safe, not Duke University. If you do not find the notification in your inbox, be sure to check your spam folder. The subject line of the email will say, "Duke University has sent you an official electronic transcript."

To use expedited delivery, you must purchase a shipping label from before ordering your transcript. For assistance using FedEx as your delivery option, please see this guide.

NOTE: Our previous instructions for using FedEx have been revised. All FedEx requests must use the sender's home address; if the FedEx label has the address of the Office of the University Registrar, the request will not be processed.

Once your label has been purchased, complete the Transcript Request Form with FedEx chosen as your delivery option, and upload your label in the FedEx Shipping Label section of the form. Requests received after 2:00 p.m. EST are subject to being processed the following business day.

Transcripts ordered via DukeHub will be processed within one business day.

Transcripts ordered through the Registrar's Office will be processed within 3 business days.

Every Duke student, past and present, pays a one-time transcript fee during the first semester of enrollment, thus making future payments for transcripts unnecessary. Transcripts may be requested to be sent via FedEx for expedited delivery at the requestor's expense. For more information about our FedEx service, see Delivery Options above.

The Duke University Transcript Guide appears on the reverse side of the Duke University transcript and is included with every electronic transcript distributed by the Office of the University Registrar. The purpose of the Transcript Guide is to provide additional information (course number schema, valid grade options and grade definitions, course unit to semester hour conversion, etc.) and historical context to supplement what is found on the actual transcript.

Additional questions? See our Transcript FAQs.



Enrollment Verifications

In most cases, current students should use DukeHub to request an enrollment verification. DukeHub generates a PDF available for immediate download (for instructions, see this guide). Students can then email the PDF as an attachment or print a hard copy for delivery via regular mail. A sample verification letter can be viewed here.

If your recipient requires that Duke University send the verification directly to them, please use our Verification Request Form to complete your request.

Degree Verifications

The Office of the University Registrar will provide degree verification letters to former students upon request. A sample verification letter can be viewed here.

Order Verification

Employers seeking degree verifications should contact the National Student Clearinghouse. Duke has contracted with the National Student Clearinghouse for this service. Contacting the Office of the University Registrar will only result in a referral to the National Student Clearinghouse.

H-1B Visa Letters

Letters in support of H-1B visa applications can be provided by the Office of the University Registrar.  You must be in your last semester of enrollment in order to request a letter.  Send your request to and include your given name and student ID.  Your academic record will be audited and if applicable, a corresponding letter will be provided.