After a student declares a first or second major, the department must assign them an advisor in DukeHub Department Center.
- From Department Center, click Advisors.
- Enter Career, Program, and Plan, or use the magnifying glasses and select the correct results.
- Career = UGRD for all undergraduate students
- Program = A&S for Trinity students; E-UGD for Pratt students
- Plan = a major, minor, or certificate. Advisors are only assigned to first and second majors. Many departments manage multiple majors (e.g. AB, AB2, BS, BS2)
- A list of all students in that Plan will appear under Student List.
- Check the Replace Advisor or Add checkbox for the appropriate student(s).
- Replace Advisor = remove the current advisor and add the new one
- Add = do not remove the current advisor; add the new one as a second advisor for that Plan
- Delete (trashcan icon) = delete the current advisor
- Check the box next to the appropriate advisor in the Advisor List on the right side of the page.
- Check Grant advisor ability to release advising hold above the Advisor List. (For Trinity students only. If you are assigning an advisor to a Pratt student in the Trinity plan, do not check this box.)
- Click the green add/replace advisor(s) button at the top of the page. (Checking the Replace All box next to the button will replace the advisor for every student in the Student List.)
- A confirmation page will appear. Changes will have a red background with green text. Click save pending changes to complete the change. Click search/undo changes to go back without saving.